Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reflections on no TV: Part 2

Another unanticipated casualty from this time of not having a TV - the presidential inauguration. Ordinarily, you would have had to pry me away from my couch with a large crow bar on inauguration day. The same nerd factor that creates the Olympic obsession also creates the need (note: not want) to soak up every second coverage of all historic events. And what a historic event, indeed.

Also note: Travis did not demand a boycott of this television event.

P.S. Not that I was able to watch, but did anyone else think that the Inaguration Neigborhood Ball was a little bit too much like an MTV special? I get what they were trying to accomplish, but it was still strange.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Katie,

Very good point on the high school reunion thing. You are very witty.

I'm glad Trav didn't boycott the inauguration. Did you guys go to a bar to watch it? Haha. JK.