Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grams!

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads be beside still waters.
He restores my soul...
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


In reality, Grams will probably not see this post, but I wanted to share with you all that she is turning 91 today! Grams is Travis's grandmother (on his dad's side), and as a lot of you probably know, she had a stroke at the end of August. It has been a long and difficult road for her and for our family. But, her progress has been amazing and is truly an answer to prayer.

Grams is living at a wonderful assisted living now that is a 2 minute drive from Travis's parents. Before her stroke, Grams lived alone in her own house, walked a couple of miles each morning, and had a pretty impressive garden, all at age 90. This has definitely not been an easy transition for her. But with the AMAZING care and support of the Wussow family, she gets better and better every day. Travis and I are so blessed to even play a very, very small part in helping and encouraging her in recovery. We look forward to every day that we get to spend with her. We love you Grams!

No comments: