Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Backing Up: Maggie's First Month

The fact that my baby is 3 1/2 months and I am just now posting photos from her birth is indicative of just how crazy the last few months have been around here.  I frequently prioritized napping over eating, showering, chores, and everything else.  I ate the diet of a linebacker plus about four peanut butter and jelly sandwiches each day.  I was told for the first time ever that I was "losing my grip on reality" (by my loving husband, trying to convince me that I really needed to take a nap).  While everything that people say about being a new mom is definitely true - it is difficult and tiring and stretching in a way I have never been stretched before - what Travis and I kept coming back to is how much fun we were having.  How amazing it was to care for our daughter.  How much we truly enjoyed being with her and being with each other during those first few weeks.  It was such a great time that I really look back fondly.

Here are some photos from the first month.  I am taking Maggie's picture in our white chair on the 15th of each month, hopefully until she is two (got the idea from Nicole at Making it Lovely).  The official photo from that month is below, plus some other fun shots. 

The "official" one month photo.  Travis refers to this pose as her mad scientist hands.

Resting with her grandmother.

Tummy time.  It's funny, I got this play mat out when she was about two weeks old and starting to be a little more alert.  I don't really know how I thought she was going to react, but she certainly didn't care about it.  She is three months old and barely cares about it now.  Amateur hour.  

Sock monkey.  Don't worry, we didn't let her sleep like this for long.

One of my favorite photos of her.  I cannot get over the double chin.

No comments: